Saturday, July 11, 2026

RACHEL'S REFLECTION 4 Protecting Your Peace Is One of Life's Wisest Decisions

Rachel's Life Reflections

Reflection No. 004

Protecting Your Peace Is One of Life's Wisest Decisions

"One lesson life has taught me is that peace is too valuable to place in someone else's hands."

 Life will always present challenges, different opinions, and unexpected situations.

We cannot control every circumstance.

But we can choose how much space we can allow. 

I believed being strong meant saying "yes" more often, solving every problem, and carrying every responsibility without complaint.

Now I see strength differently.

Strength is knowing when to pause.

When to step back.

When to say, "I've done what I can, and that is enough."

There is an old proverb that reminds us,

"You cannot pour from an empty cup."

Those simple words carry a powerful truth.

Giving your best to others also means making time to restore yourself.

One thought has stayed with me over the years:

"Peace grows when we stop trying to control every outcome and start caring for our own well-being."

Protecting your peace is not about shutting people out.

It is about creating a healthier balance between caring for others and caring for yourself.

Sit back for a minute, &  ask yourself:

"What have I been holding on to that I can gently let go?"

Sometimes protecting our peace begins with releasing a burden that was never ours to carry.

Life continues to remind me that peace is not found in having fewer responsibilities. It is found in knowing which responsibilities truly belong to us.

Remember to always Keep smiling... because a peaceful heart sees life's blessings more clearly.


A VIEW FROM MY BALCONY (AUTOBIOGRAPHY)

The Beauty of Beginnings: How to Start Over Without Losing Your Spark

  How to Start Over Without Losing Your Spark Starting over sounds simple… until you're the one standing at the beginning again. A new p...